PLEASE click on the link at the top of the page for the next P&F meeting agenda.
The work of the Parents and Friends Association (P & F) shows a physical involvement and presents to our children a pride and sense of belonging to the community as a whole.
In carrying out its role, the Parents and Friends Association:
- Endeavours to develop in the school a community of parents, teachers and students which reflects a truly Christian ethos
- Works collaboratively with the principal and other school authorities in pursuit of common goals;
- Ensures that a high level of interaction exists between the home and school, and parents and teachers;
- Endeavours to have all parents enjoy the exciting experience of their children's formal school years by their active participation and personal involvement in the learning activities and life of the school;
- Assists parents to better understand and more fully appreciate the teaching and learning programs being implemented in the school;
- Gives special attention to working collaboratively with the appropriate teachers in the faith education programs and activities;
- Creates a healthy forum for ideas to be discussed on any relevant issue that will benefit the education of the children or the school community;
- Benefits the education of the children or the school community;
- Provides additional resources which are considered necessary for the children or to assist the teachers in their professional work;
- Assists in planning and organising functions associated with the social, sporting, cultural, spiritual and educational life of the school community.
A school like St. Joseph's can only exist with strong parental commitment and we invite you to develop close links with the school. This can be achieved by becoming involved with the P & F Association which meets on the fourth Wednesday of every month at 7.3Opm. In this way, parents can be kept well informed of school developments.
|P & F Constitiution|